Are you stunned yet? I am! As a mom and as an addiction specialist I am appalled by this information. Even more appalling is that these tech companies are targeting children. Do you know why? Because the earlier they hook you, the more likely you are to be addicted to their products. And if you are addicted to their products you want more, more, more.
One of my big projects of 2017 was to learn as much as possible about technology and gaming. The things I learned have rocked me to the core. I am concerned, very concerned, about our children.
I decided to do something about this. That’s why we are starting a Tech & Gaming Addiction program in my practice that will be kicking off in February 2018.
Our program is designed to help all ages. The program will consist of the following.
- Educational opportunities for parents
- Treatment options in the form of individual therapy, group therapy, and family therapy
- Assessment and customized treatment planning
Tech & Gaming addiction encompasses many types of behaviors.
- Video games and online gaming
- Social media
- Phone and tablet apps
- Internet infidelity
- Online gambling
- Chat rooms
Our program consists of the following phases.
- Phase 1: Assessment
- Phase 2: Treatment planning & preparations
- Phase 3: Resetting the nervous system
- Phase 4: Assessing progress & treatment plan adjustments
- Phase 5: Re-Entry to healthy digital use
Treatment plans will be designed to be age appropriate. All ages are welcome. Please contact us with your questions or to get started.
Post written by Angie Ridings, LPC